Achievements and Limitations of Research on the CPC’s Higher Education During the Yan’an Period



The Communist Party of China’s (CPC) higher education during the Yan’an period is a hot topic in academic research. Based on a review of selected existing research on this topic, this paper summarizes the basic research trends. The author further argues that although existing research portrays vividly the state of higher education during the Yan’an period and has paved the way for more in-depth future research, it has a number of limitations in research perspective, content, and methodology, which suggest directions for subsequent research accordingly.


Yan’an period; Higher education; Achievements of research; Limitations of research

Full Text:



Altbach, P. (2001). Comparative higher education: Knowledge, the university, and development. In Education Office of People’s Education Press (Trans.), M. Gu (Ed.). Beijing, China: People’s Education Press.

Cai, Y. (2011). Cai Yuanpei’s masterpieces on education. In S. Zhang (Ed.). Beijing, China: Education Science Press.

Gao, H. (1999). On the value and implication of Yan’an education. Jiangsu Social Sciences, 6.

Li, J. (2011). An investigation of and reflection on the educational practice of the CPC during the Yan’an period. Journal of Nanjing University of Science and Technology (Social Sciences Ed.) 24, 4.

Qu, S. (2006). A History of the development of education in Chinese colleges and universities. Beijing, China: Peking University Press.

Tang, Y., & Fang, J. (2002). On the reform of higher education. Guangxi, China: Guangxi Normal University Press.



  • There are currently no refbacks.

Copyright (c)

Share us to:   


  • How to do online submission to another Journal?
  • If you have already registered in Journal A, then how can you submit another article to Journal B? It takes two steps to make it happen:

1. Register yourself in Journal B as an Author

  • Find the journal you want to submit to in CATEGORIES, click on “VIEW JOURNAL”, “Online Submissions”, “GO TO LOGIN” and “Edit My Profile”. Check “Author” on the “Edit Profile” page, then “Save”.

2. Submission

  • Go to “User Home”, and click on “Author” under the name of Journal B. You may start a New Submission by clicking on “CLICK HERE”.

We only use three mailboxes as follows to deal with issues about paper acceptance, payment and submission of electronic versions of our journals to databases:;;

 Articles published in Higher Education of Social Science are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 (CC-BY).


Address: 1020 Bouvier Street, Suite 400, Quebec City, Quebec, G2K 0K9, Canada. 
Telephone: 1-514-558 6138 
Website: Http:// Http://;

Copyright © 2010 Canadian Research & Development Center of Sciences and Cultures