A Study Examining the Effect of Export Growth in Iran

Safdari Mehdi, Motiee Reza


Economic growth and its related factors, both theoretical and experimental aspects have been considered economists and policy makers of countries. Also, more than two decades the relationship between exports and economic growth has been had special importance. The theoretical framework was designed based on this assumption that the total product in the economy was divided into two parts, production for inside (N) and production for exports (X) and each two section production is a function of factors allocated capital and labor. The data were collected from 1961 to 2006 and were analyzed using Ordinary Least Squares (OLS) model. Hence in this article, we want to do Feder model and econometrics conventional methods to survey effect of exports on economic growth (industry & mining sector, services and agriculture). The results of this study show that each section export growth has a positive effect on the growth of value added in the same section. But the effect of export growth on the value added in industry and mining sector is more than other sectors. Together the independent variables explained 87% of the variance in the dependent variables. The remaining 13% was due to unidentified variables. In relation to that, we can conclude that explanatory power is high for the equation.

Key words: Export; Oil export; Non-Oil exports; Ordinary least square (OLS); Economic growth; Iran


Export; Oil export; Non-Oil exports; Ordinary least square (OLS); Economic growth; Iran

Full Text:


DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3968/j.ibm.1923842820110301.045


  • There are currently no refbacks.

Copyright (c)

Share us to:   


  • How to do online submission to another Journal?
  • If you have already registered in Journal A, then how can you submit another article to Journal B? It takes two steps to make it happen:

1. Register yourself in Journal B as an Author

  • Find the journal you want to submit to in CATEGORIES, click on “VIEW JOURNAL”, “Online Submissions”, “GO TO LOGIN” and “Edit My Profile”. Check “Author” on the “Edit Profile” page, then “Save”.

2. Submission

  • Go to “User Home”, and click on “Author” under the name of Journal B. You may start a New Submission by clicking on “CLICK HERE”.

We only use three mailboxes as follows to deal with issues about paper acceptance, payment and submission of electronic versions of our journals to databases: caooc@hotmail.com; ibm@cscanada.net; ibm@cscanada.org

 Articles published in International Business and Management are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 (CC-BY).


Address: 1055 Rue Lucien-L'Allier, Unit #772, Montreal, QC H3G 3C4, Canada.
Telephone: 1-514-558 6138 
Website: Http://www.cscanada.net Http://www.cscanada.org 

Copyright © 2010 Canadian Research & Development Centre of Sciences and Cultures